Name: Rhys Anthony
Activities: Karting, rugby, gaming
Ambition: to be a Formula 1 driver
Idols: Lewis Hamilton, Jenson Button, Johnny Wilkinson
Achievements to date
- I started karting in Autumn 2010, learning the craft at Indoor Karting School;
- Summer 2011 – finished 3rd in Cadet Class, with fastest lap 8 out of 12 rounds at the Brentwood Kart Club;
- Summer 2012 – Cadet Summer Champion 2012 at Kartsport Cambridge, and also Cadet Summer Champion 2012 at Rye House Kart Club, having missed part of the season with a broken ankle. Achieved maximum points in Round 2.
- Summer 2012 also saw Rhys’ stunning debut at Ellough Park Raceway.
- Summer 2013 – The F6 Champion Honda Cadet Clubman Champion.
- Summer 2013 – F6 ‘O’ Plate Winner.
- Summer 2013 – Finished 4th Buckmore Park Summer Championship.
- Summer 2013 – Finished 5th Kent Kart Championship.
- Winter 2014 – Champion Buckmore Park Winter Championship.
- Summer 2014 – F6 ‘F’ Plate Winner.
- Summer 2014 – F6 Champion Honda Cadet Clubman Champion.
- Summer 2014 – Finished 4th Kent Championship.
- Summer 2014 – Finished 4th Bayford Meadows.
- Summer 2015 – Adjusting to driving in the Junior Rotax
- Winter 2015 – Leading the Lydd Winter Championship
- I also enjoy playing rugby for Maldon Rugby Club, where I won the Under 9s Essex cup and played on the Hallowed Turf at Twickenham.